F&Q’s

Facts And Questions

 

Below you’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions and also
a list of requirements and requests that I have when performing.

If you can’t find the answer to your question below, then please feel free to get in touch
with me via my Contact Page or feel free to call me on: 07967 093140

 

Why should I book you?

I have been performing at weddings and all kinds of events since 2001. I’ve been on tour with some of the biggest names in the industry and worked for some of the most demanding musical directors. I’m highly experienced and professional and I understand how much your special day means to you. I take a personal pride in delivering the very best performance you could wish for.


How much does it cost to book you?

All events are very individual and are priced on an individual basis.
Please see my Contact Page to make an enquiry.


How do I make payment?

Simply fill out the booking form on my Contact Page. By booking me via my website, you are getting the best possible deal, as there are no agents fees to pay on top. Only a 25% deposit (non-refundable) is required to secure the booking. The remaining 75% is payed in cash on the day of your event. If you prefer to make payment in full in advance to keep things simple, that is also fine. If you choose to split the payment and square up on the day, the first payment would act as your deposit (non-refundable) and then the remainder would be payed on the day. I only ask that the balance is payed before I play or at least before I play my last set. This ensures no-one accidentally looses an envelope or forgets once the drinks have started flowing!
​You can safely pay the deposit by online bank transfer, or by cheque. Invoices are available upon request.


How long do you play for?

I can perform for the following set durations:
2 X 45 Minute Sets
2 X 1 Hour Sets
3 X 40 Minute Sets
1 X 1 Hour Set

I ask for a minimum of 20 minutes rest in between sets to let my voice reset.

I can also perform at your wedding ceremony if you like! I can learn that special song for you to walk down the isle to, and I can play quietly in the background at other times during the ceremony. I can also perform cut down versions of songs to suit the timing of the bridal procession.


Where will you travel to?

I can travel UK wide as well as internationally.


Can we pick which songs from your set you perform?

I find it works better if you let me know which songs you definitely DO or DON’T want, then I’ll build a nice set around your choices. I find it’s best to be flexible and read what an audience wants or needs. Of course you can specify exactly what mood you’d like each set to reflect and I’ll steer the room in that direction!


Will you learn our special song?

Yes! I would be happy to learn a song for you. Of course, I’d have to check the song suits my voice range and works well on piano first, but this is very rarely any issue with this. So long as enough notice is given to learn it well (at least 4 weeks before the event), I’m happy to learn a song that will fit in with my playing style and singing range. I charge £50 to learn a new song.


Can I see you play live?

Yes you can! Just drop me a message on my Contact Page, and I’ll let you know next time I’m playing a public performance that you can attend!


What will you wear?

I like to dress formally for most parties; black or grey trousers, shirt, waistcoat and tie for example.
I’m more than willing to adapt to suit the theme and feel of the event, no problem.


Do you have any specific requirements?

I have a few requirements that you agree to by action of confirming a booking with me. I require that parking is provided by you at the venue itself. The parking must be free for me, or payed for by yourselves for the duration of my stay. I require a room to change in, something hot to eat and water for the duration of the evening (all at no charge). I also require the floor I’m set up on to be solid (not grass) and that there’s a roof over my head. If you’d like me to play in a marquee, I ask that you ensure there is a marquee wall or side protecting my equipment from the weather. I need about 8ft by 5 ft to set up in and 1 or 2 power sockets. Also please ensure I have clear access to and from the performance area. I will pack up once my last performance is completed as I regularly have to get to another performance early the next day or sometimes in the same evening. If you require me to stay longer, please specify this upon making your enquiry. 


How loud are you?

As loud or as quiet as you like. I do need to be able to hear myself though and I like to get a good balance, but at the end of the day, the volume I play at is entirely up to you.

 

CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY!!

Comments are closed